One Little Word, 2016

1:52 PM


In a little over ten hours, the new year will arrive here in Australia, amidst the hot weather, fireworks and crowds of people ready to celebrate.

This year was the first year in which I participated (in my own way, because that's how I approach most things, let's face it) in Ali Edwards' One Little Word. My word was create, and I think I stuck to it. This year was full of a creating - not just crafts and paper artwork, but also friendships and peace of mind and opportunities.

In 2016, my one little word will be courage.

This year will see a lot of changes for me, personally and professionally.

I've been asked to take on leadership roles within my workplace.

I'll continue to watch and wait for my apartment to be built, and hopefully move in.

I have dreams and plans that all require courage to see them through to fruition.

I didn't choose this word, it chose me. Which sounds silly, but when I sat down to contemplate whether I would do this again (in my own way), this word jumped out at me. I hope to honour it this year.

Do you participate in One Little Word? What's your word for 2016? What special things do you do, throughout your year, to honour your word?


I wish everyone a safe and happy New Year, wherever you are in the world. May 2016 bring you all the things you hope for!

See you next year!


You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Good word! I used it two years ago and it served me well. Last year was CHANGE and that also helped me through the year. For 2016 my word is FOCUS. Here's to a courageous year for you!

    ReplyDelete