Overambitious January TBR

7:14 PM


I haven't previously shared my monthly TBRs here on the blog, but I'm beginning to think that I should, so if it's something that you're interested in seeing them each month, let me know in the comments.

While I call this a TBR, I do tend to be a mood reader, and even though there are 20 books on this list, I am under no illusions that I'll get to everything. With the exception of the review copies (which I will read and review because I've been sent or given review copies for them), everything else is up for debate. So we shall see!

Also, if you ever want to check what I'm currently reading, I have an updated reading list for 2018 on this blog - you can find it above in the menu bar or by clicking here.



Thank you to all the publishers who have sent me physical or digital copies of these books. These will be my first reads of 2018 and I am so excited about them!

Hangman by Jack Heath, Allen & Unwin, Crime (January 2018)
Love, Hate & Other Filters by Samira Ahmed, Hot Key Books, Contemporary (February 2018)
The Cruel Prince by Holly Black, Hot Key Books, Fantasy (January 2018)
Beneath the Sugar Sky by Seanan McGuire, Tor, Magical Realism (January 2018)
The 7 Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle by Stuart Turton, Raven Books, Crime (February 2018)



This year I'm planning on having at least one re-read each month, and to do that I need to pick my favourites and this month's book is definitely one of those books that I have read over and over and absolutely love it.

Ice Station by Matthew Reilly, Pan Macmillan, Action-Adventure



So, I didn't get to all of my November/December 2016 Book Haul Revisited books, and I have 5 left, which I would like to try and get to this month, just so I don't fall behind. If you haven't followed along with my series, click here to view the playlist and see what's happening.

Goodwood by Holly Throsby, Allen & Unwin, Crime
Black Widow: Red Vengeance by Margaret Stohl, Marvel Press, Action-Adventure
The Rook by Daniel O'Malley, Little, Brown & Company, Paranormal
Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn, Phoenix, Thriller
As I Descended by Robin Talley, HarperTeen, YA Thriller


These books are about half of the January/Feburary 2017 Book Haul Revisited group, so they're next on the list, but don't really have to be read until the end of February. So we'll see!

Star Wars: Heir to the Jedi by Kevin Hearne, Del Rey, Science Fiction
Between Two Thorns by  Emma Newman, Diversion Publishing, Fantasy
A Shadow Bright and Burning by Jessica Cluess, Random House, Fantasy
In At the Deep End by Penelope Janu, Harlequin, Romance
You by Caroline Kepnes, Simon and Schuster, Thriller



Finally, some of the new releases (that I don't have review copies for) that I would like to try and pick up if I have time this month.

The Truth and Lies of Ella Black by Emily Barr, Penguin, Thriller
Between Us by Clare Atkins, Black Inc, Contemporary #LoveOzYA
Batman: Nightwalker by Marie Lu, Random House, Comic-Adventure
Gunslinger Girl by Lyndsay Ely, Jimmy Patterson, Crime


So that's everything that's on my list. Anyone want to speculate on how many books I'll actually get to? Nothing like starting the year with an unreasonable monthly TBR!

What's on your January TBR?


SaveSave

You Might Also Like

0 comments